Invented during the mid-1960s, window tinting films are a micro thin layer of polyester, with a durable clear scratch-resistant coating, applied to clear or tinted glass. It provides a retrofit solution to many glass related problems such as excessive heat build-up, harsh glare, UV damage and also providing safety, security and privacy.
We use professional-quality films, with an installation guarantee and 5-year waranty to provide a long-lasting, maintenance-free approach for heat and shade protection…. oh, and amazing looks too!
Window film choices
VLT (stands for Visible Light Transmittance)
A standard tint job covers all windows behind the driver’s seat. We also offer a clear UV / smash protection film that can legally be fitted onto the front windows. View our Protection & Safety page to learn more.
35% VLT (shades 65%)
For a very subtle look
- Allows 35% of light to pass through.
- Once fitted you can ‘just’ see through the vehicle creating a subtle classy look.
- Often used on classic cars for a very stylish subtle look, not too over the top.
- Yes, this will still make your front windows totally illegal if applied.
Medium Factory Tint
20% VLT (shades 80%)
The best option for most vehicles.
You can just about see silhouettes through the film and don’t give too much of a contrast against the ‘clear’ front doors.
- Allows 20% of light to pass through.
- Improved viewing for TV / back seat screens.
- Requested by dealerships for a factory finish to match standard manufactured privacy glass.
- Most popular choice by far
5% VLT (shades 95%)
This is an extreme blackout tint, recommended for maximum privacy.
- Allows 5% of light to pass through, your kids can still see out, but people cannot see in.
- Best viewing for TV / back seat screens or laptops and iPads.
- Used on commercial vehicles (vans & trucks) to help stop tool theft, etc.
- Will reduce your ability to see behind at night plus increase parking difficulty at night.
- Maximum heat rejection if traveling to hotter parts of Europe up to 50% Solar Energy reduction.
We can also look to evaluate your car at our workshop and discuss the best choices. 5-year Guarantee.
Benefits of Window Tinting
Professionally installed window tinting films improve:
Our automotive window films filter up to 65% of the sun’s heat, reducing interior vehicle temperature. Long journeys are more enjoyable – when parked up your vehicle will stay cool for longer. You can also save a decent amount on air conditioning/fuel costs.
Less Glare & Fatigue
Window tinting reduces up to 95% of unwanted glare within the vehicle’s interior and helps take the strain out of driving. Sun strips on the front windscreen should also be considered, especially in the winter to spring months, whilst the sun is low on the horizon.
UV Ray Protection
Automotive window films screen out up to 99 % of the sun’s invisible UV radiation, a principal cause of skin cancer and premature skin aging.
Reduce Interior Fading
Solar heat and UV rays can cause interior plastic trim cracks and fading of upholstery/carpeting. Using window tints helps keep your vehicle looking new.